Monday, May 21, 2007


Dear Diary,
In 1511, I agreed to marry Catalina, who is a sister of Juan Xuarez's friend. At the last minute I backed out. I realized that I am not a suitable husband. If I married this women she would be unsatisfied. I knew that the only way to not marry her is to back out right before I was suppose to marry her. Catalina Xuarez was a very attractive and desirable bride, but no way would I be the ideal husband for her. Although I thought it was a good idea not to marry her, Velasquez told me that i should keep to my word and marry her. I was put into town jail by the governor, who was now Velasquez. But having my sneaky ways, I picked the lock and sought sanctuary in Santiago de Cuba's church. After I had escaped, Velasquez had found me and imprisoned me on a ship on the harbor. This problem was solved because I eventually decided to agree to marry Catalina. That situation was awkward for me and her. This "relationship" will not hurt me in any way. I am going to keep on doing what I do best, and that is search for gold, gold, and more gold. I will not be happy unless I get gold.

No comments: