Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Dear Diary,

Panfilo de narvaez, my former commander during my fighting days in Cuba, has just corrupted everything I have been working for. I understand that he is still upset about my leaving Cuba against his orders, but he didn't have to attempt to arrest me! According to a few of the atzec messengers, one of Panfilo's henchmen came to arrest me for "overstepping his authority in Mexico". Knowing that I needed to move fast, I devised a plan. I left Montezuma and the capital of Tenochtilan all under the control of Pedro de Alvarado. I have the untomost trust in Pedro, for he was a loyal soldier of mine, and became a great lieutenant. Although I was only leaving 80 of my men with Pedro, I had much faith in him. I then marched back to Vera Cruz, close to where Narvaez' expedition landed. I am to meet with a few of Narvaez' men, but I have a plan. Im going to bring together all of the men who arent satisfied with Narvaez, and use them against the remaining people. THe loyalist who dont follow me will be attacked, but i will give them a cahnce to change their minds. I have a large sum of Aztec gold that I can distribute to the soldiers, to make sure they stay loyal. If all goes well, I can further my attempts to conquer Mexico, which is really my main goal.

No comments: