Monday, May 21, 2007


Dear Diary,
Today, March 1519, I set sail again. This time I wanted to aim for more impressive lands than Cozumel could offer. I was hoping to add legitimacy to my excursion, so I read a proclamation. The proclamation was taking official possession of the land for the Spanish Crown. Obviously the Tabascans were unimpressed by it, but that couldn't stop me and my army. They answered my fabulous reading with a flurry of stones and arrows. However,we furiously answered with gunfire and a cavalry charge. When we had done this, the Tabascans were shocked, and suddenly the city of Tabasco was taken by us. On March 25, 1519, the two sides clashed again, causing the battle known as Battle of Cintla. My aggressive cavalry and my mounted soldiers horrified the Tabascans so they scattered. Many of my soldiers were either killed or injured, but it turns out that the we, the Spanish, defeated the Tabascans. The Tabascans pledged their obedience to me and my Spanish army. They had promised to be faithful and loyal citizens to King charles of Spain. I always had to mention Charles' name everytime I dealt with Native Americans. The triumphant spaniards were rewarded with the best food Tabasco can provide, and 20 women. From those 20, I selected a young noblewoman named Malinaltzin. I am very proud of our victorious battle, and this day will always be remembered in my honor.

No comments: